Persuasive Speech Definition: Effective Rules and Secrets
26 September, 2018 in academic
Persuasive speech is a unique type of academic writing that has a clear purpose to convince the target audience in a specific viewpoint. The speech should be arranged in such a way to make the audience accept the author`s point of view. For this purpose, the author should carefully study the common persuasive speech definition and learn the essential secrets of persuasive speech writing. Indeed, it is quite difficult to persuade the person, especially the skeptical one. As such, the writer should possess good analytical, critical thinking, and of course, persuasive skills.
What Is Persuasive Speech?
A good example of persuasive speech is a sales pitch, which has a goal to persuade the person to purchase a specific product or service. If the salesperson manages to reach his or her goal, the audience will buy this product/service and bring good income. Following this example, you need to realize that when writing your persuasive speech, you need to “sell” the information to your audience in order to get some profit. Persuasive speaking is an art. If you want to succeed in it, you need to be very determined and passionate about what you do. A good persuasive writer appeals to both logos and pathos. When it comes to the logical aspect of the persuasive speech, you need to provide the sound arguments why this specific idea is rational. The emotional aspect implies picking up the words that may impact the human feelings and emotions. We assure you that combining both these perspectives, you will be able to reach the desired outcome. Good persuasive speakers always take the needs of their target audience into consideration. It means that when addressing your classmates, you can include some jokes and informal speech. However, when you need to persuade your instructor, you need to be more careful when choosing the language figures. If you need to choose the best topics for persuasive speech, just keep reading our simple guide and it will boost your writing inspiration!
How to Succeed in Persuasive Speech Writing?
Indeed, the effectiveness of persuasive speech writing depends on several factors. First and foremost, it depends on the writer`s ability to suggest the sound arguments supporting his/her viewpoint, the willingness of the audience to accept this viewpoint, the body language of the speaker, as well as the context in which the speech is presented. If you experience some difficulties with understanding the persuasive speech definition, feel free to ask your professor for assistance. Perhaps, he/she will be able to provide you with the successful persuasive speech examples.
How to Select the Best One of Many Persuasive Speech Topics for College?
When the professor allows you to choose the topic on your own, you can check on the websites with the good persuasive speech topics. If you have some doubts or need professional assistance with the topic choice, do not hesitate to ask your professor for advice. He/she will help you simplify the topic or make it more complex. Remember that first and foremost, the topic should be intriguing and thought-provoking for you. Keep in mind that there are numerous persuasive speech ideas that were previously discussed many times. Picking up such a topic you put your academic reputation at stake since, most probably, you will not be able to make your speech original. All in all, writing a good speech starts with picking the right topic. It should be neither too broad nor too specific. Follow these steps and you will be able to choose great topics for a persuasive speech.
- Think of the topics that interest you. What amuses you? What makes you happy or sad?
- Which topic belongs to the area of your specialization?
- What are those topics that you wish to make research on?
Then, review this list and answer the following questions:
- Do you know some national, global, or community problems that require immediate attention? Which of these problems can serve as the good subject of your persuasive speech?
- Are you excited about some events, processed, people, or places?
- Do you have specific beliefs that are different from the ones of your peers?
- Do you want to change something in the society? Do you have a clear plan of actions?
- Is there some link between these beliefs with your previous experiences?
We assure you that such a brainstorming process will help you choose the most interesting persuasive speech topics. We assure you that by improving your persuasive skills you will be able to impress your professor by the responsible attitude to work. Indeed, there is nothing difficult about persuasive speech definition! Work hard and you will see that the outcome will worth all these efforts!
Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should all teenagers get free driver’s education classes?
- Why every business person needs a mentor
- Benefits of Social Media for Business
- disadvantages of social media
- word of mouth marketing strategy
- should students be allowed to use cellphones in school
- Should alcohol be illegal?
- Advantage of Prayer in School
- should teachers have to take a yearly test to keep their jobs
- Money can’t buy love.
- why are gas prices rising today
- How Outsourcing Jobs Affects the US Economy
- Why College Tuition Should Be Free
- pros and cons of free college tuition
- should a graduation test be required?
- high school exit exams pros and cons
- Ethics of eating meat
- Fur: Should we ban it?
- Should teens be allowed to date?
- student expression through clothing
- how does fashion express personality
- Pro-Con: Should genetically modified food be labeled?
- Should students cook at school?
- The World Needs More Childish Thinking
- Does smoking help to make acquaintances?
- The Healing Power of Music
- Let your kids believe in Santa – until they don’t
- Men more likely to gossip than women
- Why you should never have your parents on social media
- why students shouldn’t write essays
- government control of your diet: threats to “freedom to eat”
- Should welfare recipients be drug tested?
- why the war on drugs is a huge failure
- should condoms be distributed in schools
- How Restaurants Can Deal with Food Allergies
- Should fast food put warning labels on their food?
- should animals be used to test new products
- Why all students should learn a foreign language.
- Why are students not interested in their studies?
- Should all teenagers have a Saturday job?
- why homework should be banned
- Why Sex Education Is Important
- Does free time really get teens into trouble.
- Were drugs available to soldiers in the Vietnam War?
- Was Abraham Lincoln the greatest President of all time?
- What Is Society’s Problem With Beauty Standards?
- Why Do Beauty Standards Change?
- Why Conflict Is Healthy for Relationships
- Why everyone needs health insurance
- Tooth Whitening: What We Don’t Know
- Why flying isn’t as safe as we’re told
- Should the US end overseas military operations?
- FOREIGN AID DILEMMA: Dictators On Our Dollar
- Volunteering in a developing country
- Is China the Next Superpower?
- We Celebrate Independence Day but Are We Really Independent?
- Should downloading music for free be illegal and punished?
- Licenses for illegal immigrants would make all drivers safer
- Should Seniors Be Required to Take Driving Tests?
- Should the legal driving age be raised to 21?
- Moral Imagination: The Art and Soul of Building Peace
- Why do people find it hard to follow their dreams?
- How to travel the world with no money
- Why you should vote.
- Should America be the world’s cop?
- The Pros And Cons Of Globalization
- Why Do People Need Love in Their Life?
- Does money bring happiness?
- Why Verbal Abuse Is So Dangerous
- Are Online Relationships Healthy for Young People?
- Do men and women speak the same language?
- Is Islam really the ‘religion of peace’?
- Are Religious Cults Dangerous?
- Can We Rely on God to Protect Us?
- why Space Exploration is Important for the World?
- Is English a good language for Science?
- Why Hard Work Is The Key To Success
- Why Being Spontaneous Is the Best Way to Live
- Why We All Need Embarrassing Moments?
- The Importance of Being True to Yourself
- Should a year of national service be required for all Americans?
- Why Won’t America Go Metric?
- Winning Is Not As Important As Participating
- Is Google killing our libraries?
- Why You Should Print Photos in the Digital Age
- Why We Post Selfies
- Why Visit Bermuda?
- The Pros and Cons of Ecotourism