College Packing List – What to Bring to the Dorm
- College Packing List – What to Bring to the Dorm
- Room Appliance:
- Laundry Supplies
- Desk Supplies
- Bathroom Supplies & Toiletries
- Household and Kitchen Items
- Extra Items
- Our Verdict
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to bring all your favorite things to the student dorm; however, it’s also not easy to decide what you need most of all. No worries – we will help you navigate. Take a look at the list of the most essential things for living in a dormitory and pack your bags. There is a golden rule of a comfortable student living in a dormitory. There should be nothing superfluous. Bring only the most necessary and multifunctional things. Let’s start with the college packing list in the right order.Professional Writing Help
Although dormitory rooms are already furnished, you may still need some extra stuff to bring there. Here is what you need to include in your college packing list to arrange the space in the best way.
- Desk / bed-side lamp
- Under-the-bed storage containers
- Mini trash can
- Bed runner
- Bookshelf (if there is any)
- Board for notes and stickers
- Some photos of your family and friends
- Alarm clock
- Mini toolkit
- Additional seating (folding chair, comfy chair, etc.)
- Coffee table
- Over-the-door storage units
- Shoe rack
To make sure you do not bring things that are already present in the dorm room, check this information on college official website or admissions office.
It may sometimes be so that sleeping accommodation and laundry supplies are uncomfortable for you to use. To avoid the situation of this kind, we recommend you to prepare a laundry set and be ahead of the game.
- Bed linen (2-3 sets – check the size of the dormitory bed to buy bed linen of the right size)
- Pillows (2 pieces)
- Towels (3-5 pieces – for bath, hands, and face)
- Wall clothes hangers
- Plastic laundry bag
- Bedbug-protecting mattress cover
- Mattress pad
- Reading pillow
- Sleeping bag or air mattress
- Fabric softener
- Iron and ironing board
- Sewing kit
Be aware that you can also purchase many of these items locally, but we have put them together a printable checklist, which you can take to the store if you like.
It is easy to find a family abroad – discover how.
Having the right equipment at hand will make the studying process in college easier and more effective. If you want to have all the desk essentials at hand, then it is time to purchase the following:
- Sheets of paper
- Pens and pencils
- Desk organizer
- Envelopes and stamps (for any necessities)
- File folder for some documents
- Sticky notes
- Pencil case and sharpener
In case you seen any of these items is going off shortly, do not forget to purchase it in advance.
Become an A+ student easily by ordering a professional assistance from the writing agency online.
- External hard drive, memory cards, or USB flash drives
- Laptop / computer
- Printer and printer ink (if there is not in the campus)
- Keyboard and a mouse
- Surge protector
- Laptop Case (if you are going to bring a laptop)
- Chargers (phone, laptop, camera, etc.)
- Adapters (HDMI, Ethernet, etc)
Once again, you can coordinate with your roommates on who is going to bring a particular item so that your college packing list doesn’t get too long and you could share some things.
Bathroom Supplies & Toiletries
- Hair treatments
- Bath mirror
- Shower gel
- Bathroom towel
- Air freshener
- Shower curtain (if needed)
- Shower organizer
- Bathroom shoes and cap
- Bathroom cleaning supplies (if there are not at your dorm)
- Body wash
- Conditioner (if you use it)
- Shaving cream (if needed)
Check with the admission office representatives which of these items are already provided at a dorm to bring only the stuff you need.